It’s finally Black Friday and there are tons of great deals on desktop PCs. Retailers are offering killer discounts on everything from home office PCs to sophisticated gaming rigs and sleek all-in-ones. However, not all computer offerings are created equal. When shopping for a new desktop PC, it is important to know which offer actually offers good value for money. To help you, we’ve curated the best Black Friday computer deals to get you the best bang for your buck.
Make sure to bookmark this page as we’ll continue to source the best desktop PC deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Looking for more great tech deals in other categories? Check out PCWorld’s full Black Friday coverage.
The best deals on desktop computers on Black Friday
Impressive deals are offered by Dell, HP, Newegg and Adorama. We’ll update this list as more deals become available, but the PCs below all offer great values and we’re confident these models won’t be priced much cheaper than they already are.
- Dell XPS, Core i7/RTX 3060/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/1TB HDD, $1,249.99 (31% off Dell)
- Alienware Aurora R14, Ryzen 7/RX 6800XT/16GB RAM/1TB SSD, $1,799.99 (31% off Dell)
- HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop, Ryzen 7/RTX 3060/16GB RAM/512GB SSD/1TB HDD, $899.99 (31% off HP)
- iBuyPower TraceMR, Core i7/RTX 3070/16GB RAM/1TB SSD, $1,149.99 (21% off BestBuy)
- CyberPowerPC Gamer Supreme, Core i9/RTX 3070/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/2TB HDD, $1,769.99 (26% off Adorama)
- CyberPowerPC Gamer Supreme, Ryzen 9/RTX 3070/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/2TB HDD, $1,799.99 (35% off Adorama)
- MSI Codex R, Core i5/RTX 3060/16GB RAM/512GB SSD, $999.00 (33% off Adorama)
- MSI Aegis ZS, Ryzen 5/RX 6600/16GB RAM/500GB SSD, $899.00 (25% off Newegg)
- Skytech Blaze 3.0, Ryzen 7/RTX 3080/16GB RAM/1TB SSD, $1,699.99 (29% off Newegg)
- Skytech Blaze 3.0, Core i5/RTX 3060/16GB RAM/500GB SSD, $899.99 (18% off at Amazon)
For the budget conscious, the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop, currently on sale for 31 percent off HP, is a great deal. For $900 you get a solid budget gaming build with a Ryzen 7 and an RTX 3060. This is enough to handle modern games with decent graphics settings, including the vaunted ray tracing. If you can stretch your budget a little further, the iBuyPower TraceMR is also an excellent budget option with a bit more power behind it.
If you’re looking for something with more premium features, take a close look at the CyberPower PC Gamer Supreme, available at Adorama for 35 percent off, or the Skytech Blaze 3.0, available at Newegg for 29 percent off. Both have similar high-end specs and bargain prices, but it will likely come down to what’s more important to you: a better GPU or a better CPU. Regardless, both are great deals.
The best Black Friday all-in-one computer deals
While gaming computer deals are a dime a dozen, it’s a bit harder to find value for money when it comes to all-in-one deals. However, the solid HP range of AiO computers is currently on sale and is one of our top picks. The Apple iMacs are also on sale and now is one of the few times you can pick them up on sale.
- HP AiO 24, Ryzen 5/AMD Radeon Graphics/16GB RAM/512GB SSD/1TB HDD/23.5″ 1080p display, $729.99 (23% off HP)
- HP Envy AiO 34, Core i5/GTX 1650/16 GB RAM/512 GB SSD/34 inch 1440p display, $1,449.99 (28% off HP)
- HP AiO 27, Core i7/Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics/12 GB RAM/256 GB SSD/27 inch 1080p display, $959.99 (28% off at Amazon)
- Lenovo ThinkCentre M70a, Core i5/Intel UHD integrated graphics/16GB RAM/512GB SSD/21.5 inch 1080p display, $1044.48 (47% off Lenovo)
- Apple iMac, M1/8GB RAM/256GB SSD/23.5″ 4.5K Display, $1,479.99 ($20 off Adorama)
- Apple iMac, Core i7/5500 XT/8GB RAM/512GB SSD/27 inch 5K display, $1,699.99 (26% off BestBuy)
- Apple iMac (2020), Core i5/Radeon Pro 5300/8GB RAM/256GB SSD/27″ 5K display, $1,199.99 (33% off at Amazon)
If you’re looking for an affordable personal or family computer, the HP AiO 27 is a decent option and is currently on sale on Amazon at a 22% discount. Also, HP’s top-of-the-line AiO 34 has a big, beautiful display and comes with a discrete graphics card, which is a rarity for an AiO. While expensive, it doesn’t come up for sale very often and this is a solid discount on this particular model. Apple enthusiasts will be pleased to see that some iMac models are on sale, such as B. the latest version with a Core i7 for 26% off at BestBuy, which is as good as you’ll ever see in an Apple product.
Are the Black Friday desktop computer deals worth it?
Yes, Black Friday is a great time to earn big on a solid PC. But make no mistake, some retailers do Label some consumer products as Black Friday deals, when in fact the discounts are just typical retail prices. At PCWorld, we do our best to only highlight offers that meet two criteria: the product itself we would like to buy ourselves, and the price of the product is at or below its all-time all-time low.
Are the Black Friday desktop PC deals lower quality?
No, there is nothing bad about the PCs themselves. It’s true that a Black Friday PC’s specs are a little behind the times (like the GPU can be an older model) or maybe the RAM count or SSD size is under the max. But that’s all relative, and we only recommend PCs with pricing that recognizes the component quality inside the machine.
What should I look for in a Black Friday computer deal?
If you’re looking for a desktop computer on Black Friday, you’ll see a dizzying array of deals, but not all of them will have good values. When looking at your new computer’s CPU, get at least an Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5, both of which offer plenty of processing power for everyday computing tasks. If you don’t plan on making PC games, you’re welcome to save some money by opting for integrated graphics.
However, if you want to launch your game, we recommend at least an Nvidia GeForce 3060 or AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, as these are the cheapest discrete graphics cards that handle ray tracing well. However, if you’re not interested in those cutting-edge lighting effects, the RTX 3050 and Radeon RX 6600 also offer good 1080p gaming performance at even cheaper prices.
As for RAM, you should plan at least 16GB for content creation apps and games, but 8GB should be enough for general web browsing and everyday office tasks. The amount of storage depends on your personal needs, but it’s generally a good idea to go for an SSD over a standard hard drive, as they’re much faster and don’t significantly affect the price of a desktop PC. Also, if you want to go for an all-in-one with a built-in display, look for a display with a minimum resolution of 1080p.
What are the best early Black Friday computer deals?
We’re currently seeing good deals from Dell for its range of desktop PCs, both for the Alienware gaming range and the productivity-boosting XPS desktop range. In addition, a number of CyberPowerPCs are discounted at various retailers. If you’re looking for an all-in-one computer, look no further than HP. HP is offering discounts on several different models, ranging from the entry-level 24-inch AiO to the top-end 34-inch AiO beauty.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday 2022 falls on Friday November 25th. However, many retailers have already started offering big discounts on desktop computers.
When is Cyber Monday?
This year’s Cyber Monday takes place on Monday November 28th. To take advantage of the best offers and grab them before stocks run out, we recommend logging in at midnight.