We discuss how to print on Chromebooks: all the different methods, tips and tricks
Updated: December 20, 2022 10:10 p.m
This guide will teach you How to print on Chromebook in a few simple steps.
Printing on the Chromebook is straightforward and direct. There are several ways you can print to a Chromebook. While Chromebook is compatible with almost every printer on the market, it doesn’t support Bluetooth printers. You can print on the Chromebook either directly from the keyboard or from the navigation panel on Chrome.
To print on the Chromebook, your printer must be connected to the Chromebook. It can be physically connected via a USB cable (you may need an adapter depending on the model) or it can be connected over the same network your Chromebook is connected to.
How to print on a Chromebook
- Step 1: Click on the navigation button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Select the Print option or if you want to go the direct route, press “Ctrl + P” on the keyboard.
Get the print option
If you can’t find the print option or can’t see your printer in the navigation menu, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: From the Chrome menu, click the Settings option.
- Step 2: Select the “Advanced” option.
- Step 3: Select the “Print” option. Then select Printer.
- Step 4: If your printer is connected to the Chromebook with a USB cable, it will appear in the Printers panel. If not, connect the USB cable on both sides. If your printer is connected to the same network as your Chromebook, it will automatically appear in the Printers panel.
- Step 5: You can select the Add Printer option and name your printer. It helps if you plan to use the printer again in the future.
Physically connecting the printer to your Chromebook
- Step 1: Use a USB cable to connect one end of the cable to your Chromebook and the other end to the printer.
- Step 2: A popup will appear, click on it and select the “Printer” option.
- Step 3: Click on your printer and then click the “Add” button to complete the process.
Connecting the printer to the network
In order for the printer (WLAN) to work, first connect the printer to your network (Internet).
- Step 1: Start your printer.
- Step 2: Once your printer is turned on, connect it to a network.
- Step 3: If you have trouble connecting the printer to the network, see the manual that came with the printer for more help.
- Step 4: Use the same network that you connected the printer to your Chromebook.
Frequently asked questions about printing to Chromebooks
Can a Chromebook print to a USB printer?
Yes, you can print from the Chromebook to any available printer model, old or new. Chromebook is compatible with any printer. A Bluetooth printer is the only one Chromebook isn’t compatible with as it doesn’t support it. Otherwise, Chromebook is compatible with any USB cable and network-connected printer.
What’s the easiest way to print on a Chromebook?
The easiest way to print on a Chromebook is from the keyboard. It’s probably the most effortless feature ever. All you have to do is press the “Ctrl + P” keys on the keyboard and voila!
WePC is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more