Many shops are closed on Christmas Day, but some are keeping their doors open, albeit for limited hours, to accommodate anyone with last-minute grocery shopping or wanting to eat out for the holidays.
Many big box stores including Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, Lowe’s, Home Depot and Target were open for last minute shopping on Christmas Eve but are closed for the holiday.
Options are sparse for those who need to grab a few last-minute Christmas dinner ingredients, although some grocery chains will have some stores open.
- SUMMIT: Some of the 161 Acme stores in the Northeast will be open, but customers are encouraged to call their local Acme before heading out.
- Vons, Pavilions: Some Vons and Pavilions stores are open until 3pm, however customers are also asked to check local opening hours.
- Ralph: Some Ralphs locations remain open until 5:00 p.m
- Safe way: Some Safeway stores remain open until 7:00 p.m
Pharmacies that remain at least partially open include:
- Walgreens: Most Walgreens stores will have reduced hours, but Walgreens will remain open 24 hours a day, according to USA Today.
- CV: Many shops have reduced Christmas opening hours, with opening hours varying by location.
- RiteAid: RiteAid stores are normally open, but hours vary by location.
Many Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts locations are open for those wanting a cup of Christmas coffee, but hours may vary.
STARBUCKS PROJECT HAS DOUBLE-DIGIT SALES GROWTH WHILE ‘REINVENTING’ ITSELF
Some restaurants will also be open. Chain restaurants that will serve guests while on vacation include Applebee’s, Waffle House, Domino’s, IHOP, Red Lobster, Golden Corral, and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse.
GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE
Most McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, and Pollo Campero locations are also open, but hours vary.