The Kansas City Chiefs every practice day of the season Publish an official injury report before the next game. This week, the Chiefs are on their way to play the Houston Texans at Noon Arrowhead Time on Sunday.
Here’s the Chiefs’ latest injury report of the week, including official game designations.
|Patrick Mahomes||QB||right hand||FP||FP||FP||–|
|Derek Stingley Jr.||cb||Paralyze||DNP||DNP||DNP||OUT|
|Jerry Hughes||EN||NIR rest||DNP||FP||FP||–|
|Mario Addison||DL||NIR rest||DNP||FP||FP||–|
- The Chiefs only have two players listed as questionable for their game against the Houston Texans: wide receiver Kadarius Toney (hamstring) and defensive tackle Chris Jones (illness).
- Toney hasn’t played since week 11 when he injured his hamstring. He had limited Exercises all week so unclear if this will be the week.
- Head Coach Andy Reid on Toney: “We’ll just see how he did today and how it goes.”
- Reid added that there is Do not worry for quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who was listed on this week’s injury report with a “right hand” problem. Reid confirmed the quarterback’s right thumb was tender — but that he’d been throwing all week. It sounds like Mahomes’ status on the injury report was purely precautionary.
- Jones fell ill on Friday, his only missed workout of the week. Newcomer Brandon Williams may see more time against the Texans if Jones is unable to play.
- Defensive defender Nazeeh Johnson (hamstrings), who was limited is on Wednesday good to go against the Texans. Also included is defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (Achilles), who was included in Thursday’s injury report good to go.
- As a reminder: Wide receiver Mecole Hardman trained for the third straight day, but he remains on injured reserve so Kansas City doesn’t have to put him on the report. Reid said he’s taking a swipe at Hardman, who is returning this week.
- The Texans had thought wide receiver Brandin Cooks (Wade) could be available for Sunday’s game after upgrading to one limited Training on Thursday – but it has now been explained out For the game. Wide receiver Nico Collins (foot) is also included out – So Houston will be without his best wideouts for another week.
- Other significant players that are out for Sunday: running back Dameon Pierce (ankle), cornerback Steven Nelson (foot), cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. (hamstring), and defensive tackle Taylor Stallworth (calf).
- Guard Kenyon Green (Ankle) won’t get dressed for the game to be back limited in Friday practice. Guard Justin McCray (hamstring) was demoted to limited on Friday — and is now questionable For the game.
For Thursday’s injury report click here.