AMD Radeon RX 7900 “RDNA 3” graphics cards will be powered similar or better than the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 series at launch

AMD is reportedly stockpiling a large supply of Radeon RX 7900 “RDNA 3” graphics cards for launch next month.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 “RDNA 3” GPU to be available in good quantities at launch, supply chain reports

In a report published by MyDrivers citing the upstream supply chain, it looks like AMD has a large batch of Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards based on RDNA 3 GPU architecture in stock, due next month on December 13th . It is stated that the red team has increased orders of Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards to allow gamers to get them with relative ease at launch.

The report also states that the first shipment of AMD Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards, which includes both Radeon RX 7900 XTX and Radeon RX 7900 XT models, will not be small and is reportedly much better than the shipment of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 series graphics cards at startup. We’ve learned over the past few days that NVIDIA has shipped a total of 160,000 Ada GPUs, with 81.25% units destined for the RTX 4090 (AD102) GPU and the remaining 18.75% units destined for the RTX 4080 (AD103) GPU are .

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 was completely sold out when it was launched, but the card is difficult to find in stores. Meanwhile, despite shipping in smaller numbers, the RTX 4080 can still be found in abundance in several stores. The card has also been scalped and several listings can be found on eBay. The RTX 4080 situation is largely down to its pricing, which is an absurd $1199.9, and also the fact that AMD has promised competitive performance per dollar per watt versus the RTX 4080. The Radeon RX 7900 XTX has been positioned squarely against the RTX 4080 in AMD’s marketing slides, so users are genuinely interested in seeing the final results of these two products before making their purchasing decision.

If AMD really manages to beat the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 graphics card in the final GPU tests, then we can see an increase in the already increasing demand for the Radeon RX 7900 series and even more for the Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics card costs $999 (MSRP). The extra volume of graphics cards will really come in handy, and with no crypto happening right now, we should expect the cards to be available at retail prices this time around.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX vs NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080

graphic card AMD Radeon RX7900XTX NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
graphic card Navi 31 XTX AD103-300-A1
process node TSMC5nm+6nm TSMC4N
The size 300 mm2 (only GCD)
522 mm2 (with MCDs)
transistors 58 billion 45.9 billion
GPU cores 12288 9728
TMUs/ROPs 384 / 192 304 / 112
base clock 2.3GHz 2.2GHz
Maximum clock 2.5GHz 2.5GHz
memory size 24GB GDDR6 16GB GDDR6X
memory bus 384-bit 256-bit
memory clock 20 Gbps 22.4 Gbps
memory bandwidth 960GB/s 716.8GB/s
cache 96MB 64MB
TBP 355W 320W
PCIe interface TBA PCIe 4.0 x16
Price $999 $1199

Which flagship graphics cards are you most interested in?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *